Chandigarh, March 25, 2020: Panjab University Dean University of Instruction Prof Shankarji Jha has issued guidelines to the faculty for teaching online while the students (UG/PG) and teachers are off the campus due to Covid19 lockdown.
The possible ways of online teaching by faculty are suggested. Any one or more following methods can be followed by the concerned department/teachers:
1. Non-Interactive - Uploading the e-lectures (texts/slides/presentations) through Google Classroom and clearing the queries/doubts of students. Online tutorials are available for teachers to use Google Classroom
2. OR simply use emails to post the lectures (text/ppt) and answer queries through email/WhatsApp/SKYPE
3. Interactive talks- through SKYPE or ZOOM
4. Choose appropriate lessons/courses through SWAYAM/EPG Pathshala/MOOC
5. Using you- tube based lectures/presentations. Answer queries through videoconferencing.
6. NPTEL program for engineering courses
7. For language courses – WhatsApp and video calls interaction.
8. Topics can be assigned to students. Each student prepares the topic and shares with rest of the class and with teacher through email. Queries of individual students can be answered by teacher through SKYPE/email/WhatsApp videoconferencing.
It is recommended that the guest faculty can be actively involved and paid for preparation and e-teaching of lectures and answering the student queries online.
PhD viva voce may be deferred till April 14, 2020 or find possibilities to arrange and conduct viva through SKYPE with minimum possible people involved- student, guide and Chairperson.