Harjinder Singh Bhatti
• Says, maintaining law and order and redressing public grievances to go hand in hand
• Advocates friendly policing based on police-public participation
• Safety of women and elderly, traffic management, COVID 19 safety protocol compliance among other areas of focus
• Special vigil over organized /white collar crime
• Functioning of police stations to be closely monitored
SAS Nagar, October 1, 2020 - The new Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of district SAS Nagar, Satinder Singh took over the charge, late evening on Wednesday .
He replaces Kuldeep Singh Chahal, who is on deputation to Chandigarh as the SSP.
After assuming the charge, the PPS officer held a meeting with his sub-ordinates. Spelling his priorities clear, SSP said that besides maintaining law and order, crackdown on illegal activities and dealing anti-social elements with iron hand would be the primary focus. Redressing public grievances would go hand in hand with this, said he.
Championing friendly policing, Satinder Singh advocated policing based on police-public participation. He said that people should feel that they are listened to and should have the confidence to come forward and report illegal activity in their vicinity.
He also pointed out that Safety of women and elderly, traffic management, COVID 19 safety protocol compliance would be among other areas of focus.
Special vigil would be maintained over organized /white collar crime, said he and added that the functioning of all police stations would be closely monitored by him to evaluate their performance, said he.
Pertinently, he had joined the Punjab Police in 1990 and has served as the SSP of Kapurthala, Khanna, SBS Nagar and Jalandhar (rural).