Photo Source: Babushahi Network
Panjab University changes office timings, read new updates
Chandigarh June 10, 2021:
In the light of the order dated June 9, issued by the Education Secretary, UT, Chandigarh, the competent authority has approved following measures to contain the spread of ongoing Corona pandemic, to be observed by all the offices of the Panjab University: -
1. Up to 18.06.2021, the Offices shall function with 50% staff strength with office timings from 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m., six-days working in a week, i.e. including Saturday. However, the Controlling Officers/Heads of the Branches/Departments may call the staff beyond 2.00 p.m., depending upon the exigency of the work, by staggering the timings and while ensuring that the attendance of staff at any time should not exceed the stipulated limit of 50% of the strength. The remaining non-attending 50% staff shall work from home under the instructions of their Controlling Officers and they shall remain available through e-modes, i.e., telephone, e-mail, video conference, etc. Officers of the level of Office Superintendent and above shall attend the office on a daily basis.
2. No staff shall leave the station without the prior sanction of the Controlling Officer.
3. There shall not be any public dealing up to 18.06.2021 except with the prior appointment of the concerned HOD that too for urgent issues only.
4. With respect to Field Workers, the concerned Heads of the Department/Office may take a decision to stagger their timings/strength, if required, keeping in view the COVID-19 protocols.
5. All staff must ensure appropriate COVID-19 compliant behavior, i.e., proper wearing of marks (covering both mouth and nose), proper physical distance, regular hand washing/sanitization, etc.
6. The entry and exit points shall be properly regulated to avoid any crowding.
7. The lifts shall work with the capacity of only two passengers and one operator.
The above instructions shall remain operative till 18.06.2021.