UT Chandigarh adm doubles fine for no mask, issues various directions to fight Covid-19
Chandigarh, November 26, 2020: Amid the surge in Covid-19 cases, the Union Territory administration has taken a slew of measures to fight Covid. On Thursday, Governor Punjab and Administrator UT VP Singh Badnore also directed the Deputy Commisioner, Chandigarh to go for stricter punishment of Covid violations.
The following decisions were taken after detailed discussions :-
1. The Fine for non wearing of masks in public places will be increased from Rs.500/- to Rs.1000/-.
2. Classroom teaching in Medical College-32 will be opened from 05/12/2020 for the students.
3. The Coaching Institutions will be permitted to open from 01/12/2020 subject to strict observance of covid protocol; both in classes and hostels. They will be directed to concentrate on online teaching; rather than physical classes.
4. The Administrator directed the officials to ensure that covid protocol is followed in public gatherings like marriages, social events etc.
5. There will be no night curfew in Chandigarh. However, the closing time of bars, restaurants, clubs etc. will be reviewed in the next meeting, in case of surge in number of covid cases.
6 The Administrator directed the officials to go for stricter enforcement of covid protocol in places like Mandi in Sector 26, ISBT, Railway Station, Parks, Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden and other market places, where crowding takes place.
8. The Administrator directed officials to be ready for storage, transportation, distribution and planned vaccination of people, once the corona vaccine is made available.
9. The Administrator directed the health officials to intensify corona checking and testing in crowded places like ISBT, Sector-26 Mandi, Railway Station, Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden and crowded market areas.
10. The Administrator appealed people to take all precautions and wear masks. “MASKS ARE OUR VACCINE, TILL REAL MEDICAL VACCINE IS FOUND”.