Chandigarh: Now, any volunteer can set-up Mini COVID Centre in city with support of administration
Chandigarh, April 28, 2021:
The Chandigarh Administration has given a clarion call for setting up Mini COVID Centers in the city voluntarily by the interested organization/associations.
As per this concept, any Individual, Association, Voluntary Organization, NGO, Religious Organization, Corporate, Firm or Trust may come forward for setting up a Care Center for asymptomatic COVID positive patients. Preferably the patients of nearby areas may be catered and may be discharged after 10 days (from date of positive test report) with an undertaking to remain in home isolation for further 7 days. In case health deteriorates, the patients can be shifted to the appropriate hospital by the Administration.
• A place with attached washroom to accommodate about 10 or more beds. (In case they wish to contribute with larger facility of about 40 to 50 persons, the place may be arranged by the Administration)
• Cots, mattresses and bed-sheets
• Provision of drinking water and normal food (may be packed food from outside)
• Doctor and Nursing Staff/patient care attendants. Services of retired Doctors and Nurses may also be obtained. The Nursing Staff is required round the clock while doctors may be for about three-four hours and available on call
• Security Guard
• A person to be designated as Manager to run the Care Center
• Two/Three Oxygen Cylinders - 'B' Type
Support by the Administration:
• An authorization to run the Mini-COVID Centre
• Providing space if anyone found filling to run facility for about 40 to 50 patients
• Prescription of medicines which are required to be kept at the center
• Daily visit by the Doctors from the Government Hospital to assess the admitted patients
• Arrangements of ambulance to shift the patients to appropriate hospital of the Administration, in case the condition deteriorates.
• Daily collection of garbage
How to initiate:
Contact the undersigned on phone No. 0172-2742176 or meet in his office at CHB in Sector-9D, Chandigarh.
Alternatively leave a message with details on e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you and will assist in this noble cause.