Photo Source: Babushahi Network
GMCH-32 to create Plasma bank for treating COVID patients
Chandigarh, April 30, 2021: GMCH-32 will set up a plasma bank that can be used for treating COVID-19 patients. This was decided during the special war room meeting in Punjab Bhawan to review the COVID situation of the city on Friday.
During the meeting it was also decided the basic faculty staff available in GMCH should also be utilized for COVID-related work.
After detailed discussions with all participants including the two doctors, who had visited GMCH-32 in the morning, the following decisions were taken:-
1. GMCH will set up additional 20 beds of L3 level on its campus. The additional 30 beds will be set up on the first floor of Sector 48 Hospital to provide an A2 level facility. A necessary pipeline for oxygen supply will be laid at the earliest.
2. The physical OPDs in GMCH-32 will be closed so that the doctors can concentrate on corona work. Only emergencies will be kept open.
3. Students of final year MBBS will be engaged to assist the existing doctors in corona-related work.
4. Students of the final year in Nursing College will also be engaged in assisting the nursing staff in the battle against corona.
5. GMCH-32 will create a Plasma Bank, which can be used for covid treatment. The basic faculty staff available in GMCH should also be utilized for covid related work.
6. The doctors who have been sent on mobile duty outside should be replaced by final year medical students so that those doctors can attend to serious patients in the hospital.
7. The PGIMER specialists will make periodic visits to Administration’s hospitals and give special medical advice, which will create extra confidence in the minds of the patients.
8. The Administrator directed the Health Department to ensure adequate availability of Remdesivir and Tocilizumab injections, both in hospitals and in chemist shops. The chemists will be allowed to sell it only with the authorized prescription and only for indoor patients, who are hospitalized. Specific authorization from Director Health Services will be needed for such a sale.
Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT VP Singh Badnore also appealed to the citizens to strictly follow the covid protocol by wearing a mask, maintain social distance, and hand hygiene. He also directed the police authorities to ensure that the curfew timings from 06:00 PM to 05:00 AM are strictly followed.
Apart from Adviser to the Administrator, Principal Secretary Home, Director General of Police, Sh. Yashpal Garg, IAS, CEO, Chandigarh Housing Board (Nodal Officer, Covid Management Plan, GMCH), Sh. SS Gill, IAS, Special Secretary Health, -2 eminent doctors namely Dr. KK Talwar, Ex-Director, PGIMER & Dr. GD Puri, Professor & Head of Anaesthesia attended the meeting. Director Principal, GMCH-32 & Director Health Services, GMSH-16 also attended the meeting.