Photo Source: Babushahi Network
Chandigarh lifts night curfew, read all relaxations
Chandigarh, August 17, 2021: The UT Chandigarh administration on Tuesday decided the lift the night curfew as already been in the Punjab and Haryana.
The decision on the same was taken during war room meeting of COVID-19 headed by UT Chandigarh Administrator VP Singh Badnore. Along with the lifting the curfew, various relaxation has been announced by the Chandigarh administration.
- All restaurants/bars can remain open with 50% capacity from 08:00 AM to 12:00 Midnight.
- Public can visit the government offices in connection with their work between 12:00 Noon to 01:00 PM on all working days except Wednesdays & Fridays. The visitors must have been vaccinated with at least first dose or have negative RT-PCR report of the last 72 hours.
- Hockey, Football and Cricket Academies of Sports Department are allowed to function, by following all covid protocol and subject to the condition that all eligible players must have been vaccinated with at least first dose. As regards players under 18 years of age, consent of parents is required.
- Restriction of 50% capacity of passengers for public transport is withdrawn.
- For marriages, social gatherings etc., only intimation and undertaking to adhere to covid protocols is required to be submitted to the concerned SDM, instead of permission.