Centre accepts demands of farmers; sent formal letter to Kisan Morcha
Chandigarh, December 9, 2021:
The Central Government has accepted the pending demands of the farmers, who have been protesting at the borders of the National Capital for almost a year. The government has also sent the formal letter (written assurance) to the Sanyukat Kisan Morcha today (Thursday), as demanded by the five-member committee of the SKM.
Now the meeting of the SKM has started at the Singhu Border to hold a discussion on this.
As per the trustable sources, the government agreed to all the pending demands of the agitating farmers and in the formal letter, the government mentioned:
1. Withdrawal of all the agitation related cases registered during this protest in all states/ UTs/ Central Government agencies etc.
2. Compensation to all the families of the agitating farmers died during the course of agitation
3. No criminal liability of the Farmers in case of stubble burning.
4. Government to discuss electricity amendment bill with SKM/ farmers before discussing it in the Parliament
5. Committee on MSP formed; SKM to list out their members in the committee and give it to farmers.
6. Ongoing MSP in the country and procurement will continue as it is.