Ferozepur, December 7, 2017: Kulbir Singh Zira, Congress MLA from Zira constituency denied his presence at the firing incident at Mallanwala and holding the piston in his hand as alleged by the Akali Dal leaders today at the press conference held at Press Club Ferozepur to counter the charges leveled by Sukhbir Singh Badal, former Deputy Chief Minister and Bikramjit Singh Majithia former Cabinet Minister during SAD-BJP government at the dharna organized in front of Police Bhawan in protest against the registration of false cases of attempt to murder against 13 persons.
Speaking to the media persons, Kulbir Singh Zira said, there was no question denying the No Objection Certificates to anyone. Whosoever has applied has been given the NOC.
He said, at Mallanwala 42 and at Makhu 35 persons have been issued the NOCs including the one of AAP candidate Bhag Singh. When they have not applied, as to how the NOC can be issued to any of the SAD candidates.
Zira said, he was in his office at the time of firing incident and came out to know as to what has happened. He said, let the four senior Akali leaders – Avtar Singh Minna, Nony Mann, Jindu and BJP’s Jugraj Singh Katora – to swear in the presence of Guru Granth Sahib, to say that I was holding the pistol at the time of firing incident at Mallanwala.
He said Akalis have not digested the victory of Congress after their two terms. It was a pre-planned programme of Akali workers to stop the Congress workers from filing the nomination papers.
Zira said I will continue to fight till the alleged accused mentioned in the FIR is not punished for their acts.
He said, rather the police should add the charges of using the abusive language against the police officers.
He said, there had been less registration of cases since the coming of Congress in power as compared to the SAD and it is a matter of record to be scrutinized.