PU resumes normal working hours of its offices
Chandigarh June 21, 2021:
The competent authority of the Panjab University has approved following measures to contain the spread of ongoing Corona pandemic, to be observed by all the offices of the Panjab University:-
1. The Office timings of the University be resumed to normal working hours, i.e. from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. with full strength. However, to avoid crowding at the entry and exit office timings, the concerned Controlling Officers shall stagger the entry and exit timings of staff in such a way that 50% of the staff shall report to office at 9.00 a.m. and the remaining shall report at 9.30 a.m. and simultaneously at exit timings, 50% staff shall leave the office at 5.00 p.m. and remaining 50% at 5.30 p.m.
2. All staff must ensure appropriate COVID-19 compliant behavior, i.e., proper wearing of marks (covering both mouth and nose), proper physical distance, regular handwashing/sanitization, etc.
3. The Office staff shall avoid community lunch and any kind of get together to ensure proper physical distancing.
4. The entry and exist points shall be properly regulated by the Security Staff to avoid any crowding.
5. The lifts shall work with the capacity of only two passengers and one operator. 6. All the Heads/Controlling Officers of various Branches/Departments are directed to encourage their staff to get vaccinated as early as possible as there are two Vaccination Centres at Panjab University Campus, i.e. BGJI of Health and Dr. Harvash Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital. In this regard, the HODs/Controlling Officers shall submit a weekly report to CMO on a proforma to be circulated by the Office of the CMO.