Photo Source: Babushahi Network
UT Health Secretary directs hospitals to ensure reservation of 50% beds for COVID patients only
Chandigarh, January 10, 2022:
In view of the spread of the COVID infection at an alarming speed, a meeting with the Private Hospitals was taken by UT Health Secretary Yashpal Garg on Monday. The meeting was attended by Jagjit Singh, PCS, Mrs. Suman Singh, DHS and other senior officers of the UT Administration.
The following points was discussed and decided in the meeting:
1. The orders of reservation of 50% beds, ceiling on the treatment charges and guidelines of the Central Government and ICMR about treatment of COVID patients to be strictly followed.
2. Presently there is no need to fix daily quota of Oxygen Cylinders for the Private Hospitals in Chandigarh and regulate refilling charges by the Private Refilling Vendors. However, the Private Hospitals and the Private Refilling Vendors keep the details in prescribed formats and to produce the same as and when required. They need NOT to submit these details unless specifically asked for its submission.
3. The Private Hospitals to use the Medical Oxygen judiciously and if situation demands, the quota of medical oxygen for each of the Private Hospitals may be fixed in due course.
4. All the staff of the Private Hospitals to be fully vaccinated and the attendants with the patients should be fully vaccinated. Private Hospitals may display boards outside their premises to this effect.
5. All the instructions issued by the UT Administration from time to time need to be strictly followed and in case of any violation strict action will be taken.